Friday, May 15, 2009

Synergy

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I talked the other day about how I think community is key to living a full life. As an aside, I have basically accepted that fullness of life is the whole point of this blog. Turns out, as I'm looking to read into stuff in the world, that the thing it is all saying is to be fulfilled/seek the Kingdom/imagine a brighter future/love/hope/live in light/know the orgasmic truth/[insert your preferred positive metaphor here]. More on that another time but in a nutshell: this blog is about what I think the world talks about which, in my opinion, is living life as it is supposed to be.

So, coming back to topic, community is key. We all have such diversity (as seen by the different languages we speak) and can offer brilliant perspectives on the different ways to understand this "wildest dreams" life. In that we can all come away more enlightened and having stretched and encouraged each other. So I want to make an effort to be an online community. And I want to be more about conversing than informing. Granted I have blogged incredibly intensively recently but I want to step back a little now life isn't quite as sudden and shocking.

So what I'm basically saying is please, let's be interactive. Also, please take note of my community, which you can find to the left hand side of the page. They are saying some pretty sweet things.

The first of which that I draw your attention to is something that made me cry with joy... and not just 'cause I'm in it. Becca talks about life through the medium of literature and is incredibly insightful:

Jusquauboutiste


I love the meaning of this word. Being the sort of person that goes right up to the end, no half-measures, doing it in full. Read the post - it's about being fed up of the turd and not giving up on seeking for it to be better. It's also about a lot more to be fair, all of which is her own (and partly James Joyce's) analogy for this complete existence that we seek. I can't do it justice but if you have the inclination to connect with the über intellect of this women then you will be entirely blessed. My first response was to change my facebook status to "Kat(i)e has pure love pulsing through her veins, heightening every sensation and driving her slightly insane". I adore it when life is so real in a good way that it aches pleasantly.

All are welcome and if you want to introduce yourself to the rest of us then know it will be delightedly received.

Love you guys.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Aaaahahahaaa, I had to stop by because I'm onto my next essay, and writing about - yes, you guessed it- Ulysses, his character and motivation, and how his various translators choose to convey the sheer excellence of this man in terms their contemporaries will understand. His story has been analogised to the HILT, "as the good man's quest for virtue or the soul's pursuit of salvation." It's really reminding me about the running conversation we've been having about languages, how two people can be using completely different vocabularies but essentially saying the same things.

So all is good work-wise. Thanks for your kind facebook-based support earlier- I have to burst your 'selfless' bubble by telling you you got a donation out of it. (It was on my to-do list anyway, due to charitable impulses, affection, and sheer awe.)

Can't blog til the weekend but I have intentions and ideas. Take care, you shiny, you. xxx

Kat(i)e said...

Lol. I don't have a 'selfless' bubble. I have an "I wish I wasn't selfish but everything I do has entirely mixed motives" bubble. It still does mostly the same job but has less shiny magicness in the spot light.

Quest for salvation. That is something I am WELL thinking about today. I think perhaps we might all be connected as part of a bigger organism, with you being one of my more intimate parts... ;-)

Love ya babes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Hurrah for Becca! She finished her degree today!!! Something for which I am in awe of her...