Monday, April 20, 2009

Analogies analogies everywhere...

I think I'm going slightly insane!

I'm busy writing a paper that analogises evolution and the development of society, creating a game theoretic model that proves once and for all that being a Christian is better. I haven't actually got the sums done but I firmly believe this will work... Not proving Jesus mind, just showing that if He were to exist then it would truly optimise life for all. It is the most exciting thing I have ever done in maths (and that's saying something!) but is also due *quite* soon and isn't as yet on any sort of page. Ergo, I don't have the time right now to blog what God said to me about when death is bad (see my last post). It is a poignant response that spans at least 5 (and counting...) of the most diverse metaphors I have ever been blessed with. So watch this space... it even involve vegetables!

Instead you can have this brief one:

The Icecream of Friendship

How can I not when she became my first follower today :-)

I met up with Becca this afternoon to rewitness one of the aforementioned metaphors (not the vegetable, though it did come up). We rendezvous'd by the icecream van because when I heard she was there I packed up my books and practically ran down the road...! Wow was today sunny (oh it was glorious! But I will not be sidetracked...), I simply had to celebrate that with my first whippy of the season!!

She had been trying to resist when I turn up and broke her discipline in an instant. It was ok though 'cause we had both had derivatives of carrot for lunch, so it was not a wrong thing to do. When we ordered (both having a small vanilla whip with strawberry sauce, chopped nuts and a flake (of course)), she was the one that then kept my greedy enthusiasm from getting a larger size.

It was beautiful. Encouraging each other away from unhealthy extremes to enjoy life as fully as possible, with all the wonderful add-ons that only friendship can bring - taking you from bland single cone to flavour explosion!

And so I showed her the incredible open-air photography exhibition that had moved me so much, she introduced the brilliant initiative of playing an accompanying soundtrack, and these pink sauce and nuts were topped off with the big chunk of flaky chocolate love that we can only get from sharing life with those people that we are most blessed by. You know... the crumbliest ones... where the chocolate tastes like it never tasted before...!

No comments: