Sunday, April 26, 2009

Victory!

I saw three foxes running away from me tonight on my walk home. Yeah, that's right, one walked right up close but I glared at it and it turned and fled.

I reckon that the answer is in discipline. We can't expect to be constantly free of all challenges, that's not what character development is about. If we want to stare down our foxes we need to choose to stand our ground. I realise that "catching" isn't the same as "killing". They aren't gone... but they can be mastered and rendered powerless.

Someone in my "online-community" wrote a very useful list that helps remind me of ways to be disciplined. I don't really know if Rich minds being a link on my blog but he is and here it is:

A very useful list


Physical actions really make a difference, well it's all connected in't it: body mind and soul (and spirit!). Doing such things is a good way to choose to be alive.

So now that I've run out of productive energy I'm off to bed... and tomorrow I think I may just go for a run...!

Me: 1, Foxes: 0

:-D

No comments: