Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday Pie

My mother is ace.

Last night I celebrated my birthday meal with the family and I didn't get a cake.... For why have cake when you can have homemade BANOFFEE PIE?!?! Candles and everything.

There was also an alternative of apple crumble pie for those that didn't feel bananary. [As a side note: the whole meal was totally pie based with fish pie to start. Interestingly they each had a different main structural component - potato, then biscuit, then pastry/crumbliness. I haven't worked out an analogy for this yet but maybe you've got one...?]

Banana was a clear win. Twice. Why have apple when you can have banoffee?

This whole pie scenario quite clearly pointed me to a back-street wall that I once stumbled upon whilst lost in Vienna a while ago. I really needed to hear/see its message just then (funny how things like that happen). This one shouldn't take too much interpretation:


Time passes, people age. It seems I am more than satisfied with bananas now! Are you?


P.S.
This is not to say I don't like cake mind. Becca: banana and wall-nut (get it?!) would certainly go down well, though feel free to see where your intuition leads you... Perhaps there are yet more insights to be gleaned from baked goods before the week is out!

3 comments:

Jess Chan said...

the apple pie was AMAZING! happy birthday katie!

Kat(i)e said...

I couldn't comment before... I've now done some very technical fiddling so hopefully this will work:

Thanks Jess! The rest of my message was turd anyway so I will leave it at that. Don't stop making metaphors... they are for apples as well as bananas! ;-)

Jess said...

hi katie, i've kept checking back for a reply and alas, i've now got one. i'll be lurking around this blog as i was from time to time with the last one.

i was so sorry to hear about wendy, the cats are roaming more downstairs now so i suppose there is a positive to every negative. i heard about your exam (i think first through the blog and then through your parents) and i completely agree that you cannot depend on a degree. when are you off to russia? rich won't be back in chingford until his birthday but i'll be back by the 21st may. hopefully i'll see you before you jet off xx