Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogging when you have nothing to blog about

This has got to be an analogy for something.

It's not that I haven't got any ideas. There are always ideas. I just haven't got any passion for them. I am tired and a little bit disgruntled by things not going exactly my way!

And so I blog.

But not in vain, oh no! This blog is the analogy for those things in life that are meaningless turd just filling in the gaps. I should be going to bed if nothing else but I blog... and I do it for you! So that in reading how irrelevantly dull this whole post is you will realise that you too waste precious moments of your life doing absolutely nothing.

Perhaps it's surfing the intra-web late at night (reading pointless blogs!); or checking facebook an unhealthy amount; perhaps it is thinking about dross when you should be doing your homework; or overanalysing things outside your control... it may be playing too many video games or watching too much tv (though I doubt it - is it just me or is television uncool these days? It's far too single service and dictated by someone else). This blog is a nothing blog and it represents nothingness and how bland and rubbish that is.

...

As I was finishing the last paragraph I got a phonecall from a friend who is at a Christian conference not 2 hours from my house where hundred and hundred of miraculous healings are happening on a daily basis. The kind like in bible times that is. Now, whether you believe it's possible or not, it is clearly more exciting than sitting around being apathetic and insipid. Not just more exciting, more purposeful. More alive. How much of a loser am I?!

So. What changes must I make so that I am not indulging in nothingness and what other options are out there? Granted, it may well be my maths homework... but it could be just about a million-and-one other things including but not limited to witnessing blind people see.

I'll let you know when I find something to blog about...!

No comments: